Sunday, April 02, 2006
Writing the Call for Action Against Phishing
I was the “reporter” – chief author – for “A Call for Action: Report from the National Consumers League Anti-Phishing Retreat.” The report drew on participation from consumers groups, leading tech companies, and other stakeholders. The report was released in March, with these principal recommendations:
1. Support greater consumer education.
2. The consumer experience must be “secure by design.”
3. There must be better user and site authentication.
4. There must be better tools for effective investigation and enforcement.
5. Learn from the lifecycle of the phisher.
6. ISPs and domain name owners can cooperate on white lists.
7. Use black lists to create a “phishing recall” approach.
Here is my column summarizing the report.
Here is the full report.
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money